On May 9th, the Office of Alumni Relations hosted the 5th annual Women & Philanthropy Forum in Washington, DC. The Forum explores the critically important role that women play in enhancing human welfare through their visionary philanthropy.
This year’s keynote speaker was Barbara Harman, executive director of the Harman Family Foundation, and president and editor of the Catalogue for Philanthropy: Greater Washington, which she founded ten years ago.
The event began with a breakfast, followed the keynote address and a panel discussion. The panel featured:
- Lynn Dillon, GWSB MBA ’82, Financial Consultant
- Mary V. Mochary, Former Mayor of Montclair, New Jersey; Finance Chair of the Board of Trustees for the National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Deborah Ratner Salzberg, CCAS BS ’75, Member, GW Board of Trustees; President, Forest City Washington; Director, Forest City Enterprises
- Maureen Schafer, GSEHD BS ’91, Chief Corporate Development Officer, LifeNexus, Inc
- Martha Taylor (Moderator), Vice President, Principal Gifts and Women’s Philanthropy, University of Wisconsin Foundation; Cofounder, Women’s Philanthropy Institute at the Center on Philanthropy
The program also included a presentation from GW student Maddison Bruer, ESIA BA ’15, who spoke about the next generation of philanthropy.
For more photos from this event, visit us on Flickr!
Please specify a Flickr ID for this gallery