2013 Alumni Valentines

It’s that time of year again—as Feb. 14 approaches, we’re excited to share our sixth annual “GW Alumni Valentines” feature!

Whether they met as freshmen or as staff members, these seven couples all have one thing in common: GW.

Find out how they met and what they’ve been up to since graduation—from traveling the world to presidential campaigns, these couples have been through it all together!

Read their stories:

carrilloArturo Carrillo, CCAS BA ’03, GSEHD M.Ed’06 & Kristyn (Feldner) Carrillo, ESIA BA ‘04

cholakisElia Cholakis, TSPPPA MPP ’05 & Karen McKeever Cholakis, GSEHD MA ‘10

edelineGeorges Edeline, GWSB BBA ’71, GSEHD MA ’76 & Charlene (Prosser) Edeline, GSEHD MA ’75

frazierstoneKathryn Frazier, CCAS BA ‘03 & Andy Stone, CCAS BA

schimmerlingJosh Schimmerling, GWSB BBA ’04, GSEHD MA ’06 & Jessica (Levine) Schimmerling, CCAS BA ’05, GSEHD MA ’09

stearnsstoneKyle Stearns, TSPPPA MPP ’09 & Stephanie Stone, TSPPPA MPP ’09

tobiasJillian (McKnight) Tobias, CCAS/SMPA BA ’05, and Daniel Tobias CCAS BS/ESIA BA ’04

If you’re an alumni couple who met at GW and want to share your story, e-mail us or post a comment below throughout the month of February.

Related posts

8 Comments

1. Nancy Helm said:

Sweet. But GW is a richly diverse university; a source of pride for most of us. Couldn’t we find even one same-sex couple who met at GW and whose story could be told here?

• Melissa Nyman, GW Alumni Staff said:

Thank you very much for your feedback, Nancy. We welcome submissions from all couples throughout the month of February, and we are committed to representing everyone in the alumni community. Please feel free to make a suggestion or pass this article along to those who may want to participate!

2. Marjorie said:

My brother and I both met our spouses through GW connections!

3. Jessica said:

My husband and I met at GW. Nearly 12 years, two kids, and almost 5 years of marriage later, we look back on our days at GW together, fondly.

4. Jane Beech said:

My husband and I did not attend GW together. His sister was my roommate! If it wasn’t for GW we would never have met. We have been married for 23+ years and just sent our first child off to college. I should let her tell the story, but my sister-in-law/roommate did meet the love of her life at GW at a school dance party, they we’re married in 1985.
    Jane Scharff Beech Class of CCAS BA ’86

5. Hannah Cary said:

My husband and I met at GW and were married right after we finished in 2009.

6. Jennifer Lage said:

My husband Chris is a GW Law grad JD ’93 and I graduated GW BA ’92. We met at a mutual friend’s wedding in 1993. We will be celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary in March.

7. Marilyn Brownfield Andrew s'50 -- Wm. TAndrews '44 said:

We married in ’49 in the middle of my junior year. Bill graduated from GW Engineering school before he served in the navy for a couple of years. He returned to GW for a year at the law school then transferred to Albany Law School for his degree. We met on a blind date while I was living at Strong Hall.
    I have fond memories of Staughton Hall and Strong Hall and believe that students at GW are lucky to have the whole of Washington as their campus

Comments are closed.