Every year during Alumni Weekend, campus comes alive as thousands of alumni, friends, and families return to GW to reconnect with friends, network with fellow alumni, get reacquainted with campus, and rediscover what they loved as students about the university and Washington, D.C.
This year, between September 27-30, you can choose from 60+ events, including special reunion year celebrations for the undergraduate classes of 2007, 2002, 1997, 1992, 1987, 1982, and 1962, and celebrate with fellow alumni leaders from various student groups, councils, fraternities, and sororities at this year’s affinity group reunion for former Student Leaders.
“I’m looking forward to coming to our reunion to both reconnect with people I’ve lost touch with and to see in person all of the changes to campus about which I’ve only heard and read,” says Tim Saccoccia, SMPA BA ’07, who is on the planning committee for the class of 2007 reunion.
Mary Ann Iverson, CCAS AA ’50 & BA ’52, echos Saccoccia’s sentiments. “I’ve been coming back since 2002 for sentimental reasons. I enjoyed going to GW … and I wanted to keep in touch.”
Highlights of the 60+ events include:
- All-Alumni Kickoff Party and Concert, featuring Earth, Wind & Fire! Join us as this Grammy Award-winning band, who Rolling Stone says changed the sound of pop music in the ’70s with their Latin-funk rhythms, gospel harmonies, and elaborate stage shows, kicks off Alumni Weekend! Before they take the stage at the Charles E. Smith center, don’t miss the party with dinner and drinks.
- Taste of GW — This afternoon food fair features restaurants owned and/or operated by fellow GW Alumni, including Dos Gringos, Roti Mediterranean Grill, Leopold Bros., Flippin Pizza, Cakes by Happy Eatery, Pork Barrel BBQ, Cake Love, Baked by Yael,Selby Winery, Dolci Gelati, and Sangam.
- Back to Thurston! Do you remember? Take a stroll down memory lane at the open house of this legendary first-year dormitory.
- Sunday Political Brunch — This ever-popular, town-hall style discussion is sure to be a hot ticket with the election just a few short weeks away! Join fellow alumni to discuss the hottest topics in politics and policy.
- Additional programs include: GWAA Alumni Achievement Awards, Classes without Quizzes with prominent faculty, Multicultural Alumni Happy Hour, Athletics Reception, a Career Panel, school-specific events, and campus tours highlighting the George Washington University’s 100 years in Foggy Bottom!
So return, reconnect, reminisce—it’s all part of the GW Alumni Weekend experience. And remember, all Colonials, regardless of class year, and their families are welcome!
Visit alumni.gwu.edu/aw to find out everything you need to know—the full schedule and description of events, hotel and parking information, a list of who’s attending, and much more.
And don’t forget about the Where’s George contest! Send us a photo of you with George in your hometown or on your travels. Share a photo by Sept. 14, and you will be entered for a chance to win a new Apple iPad (for photo and contest details visit Where’s George online or call 1-800-ALUMNI-7). The winner will be announced during Alumni Weekend.
Please specify a Flickr ID for this gallery